Are you a local family looking for other families to join on cool adventures?
Do you need help getting started on your journey towards becoming an outdoor family?
Contact me via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
I'd love to chat.
I am available for freelance writing contracts on the subject of outdoor adventure in the Canadian Rockies. You'll find that I am knowledgeable on most activities, trails, and sites within Kananaskis and the National Parks of Alberta and British Columbia's Rocky Mountains.
Below is a sample of some of the websites and publications I've written for:
- Calgary's Child Magazine - Regular Contributor with published pieces in each issue
- Outpost Magazine - Published story in the September/October 2012 issue on Hostelling with Kids
- Women's Adventure Magazine - Frequent Contributor on the website's blog
- Family Fun Media - Frequent Contributor for Family Fun Calgary as well as the Family Fun Canada websites
- Snowshoe Magazine - Contributor starting January 2013
- The Alpine Club of Canada's Gazette - Published story in the Spring 2013 edition on backcountry huts with children
- Highline Magazine - Guest Story on stand up paddleboarding in the Rockies in August 2013
- Campers Village - Regular Contributor on the website's blog starting March 2014
- The Calgary Herald Newspaper - Published story in May 2014 on Hostelling in the Canadian Rockies
- Experience the Cowboy Trail and Kananaskis Country - Published story in the 2014/2015 Visitor Guide on family hiking in Kananaskis
- Highline Magazine - Published story in the 2014 Summer magazine on short mid-week adventures in the Canadian Rockies
- Travel Age West Magazine - Published story for Summer 2014 on the Best of Banff
- Experience Fish Creek Provincial Park and Calgary's Greenway - Published story for the 2014/2015 Visitor Guide on Family Friendly Rambles in Calgary's Natural Areas.
- Bike Pirate - Mountain Biking Guest Post on Raising Little Rippers in the Bow Valley, Summer 2014
If you work in the local tourism market, I would love to chat with you about partnering with you to help promote your business, operation, or family friendly accommodations.
Below are some of the past businesses I have promoted on my blog and through my freelance writing:
- Hostelling International
- The Alpine Club of Canada
- Nipika Mountain Resort
- Holiday on Horseback's Sundance Lodge
- Explore Rockies
- White Mountain Adventures
- The Delta Lodge at Kananaskis
- Mount Engadine Lodge
- The Rundlestone Lodge, Banff
- Tourism Canmore Kananaskis
- Tourism Jasper
- Jasper Tramway
- Banff and Lake Louise Tourism
- Hidden Ridge Resort and the Banff Lodging Company
- Nakiska Mountain Resort
- Waterton Glacier Suites and Waterton Lakes National Park
- Banff Douglas Fir Resort
- Emerald Lake Lodge
- Mount Norquay
- Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours
- Sunshine Village
- The Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
|HI Kananaskis, Hosteling International|
Gear Reviews and Sponsorship
If you are an outdoor company interested in having me do a gear review of your product, please contact me and we can discuss details.
I am also interested in sponsorship and ambassador programs. I am one of Keen Canada's Ambassadors since 2013 which is very exciting and I've been trying stuff with Columbia Sportswear since 2013 as well. Last winter I worked with Stonz Wear as a brand ambassador for their children's outerwear and I am very proud to be currently promoting Spawn Cycles, maker of the world's best kids' bikes.
|Keen Canada Ambassador|
Below are some of the companies I've recently worked with:
- Keen Canada
- Specialized Bicycle Components
- Alberta Balance Bikes
- Spawn Cycles
- Pedalheads Bike Camps
- ENO Hammocks
- Molehill Mountain Equipment and Mountain Baby
- Stonz Wear
- Columbia Sportswear
|My son and his Spawn Cycles Banshee|
We live in a fabulous setting that provides for stunning photography. If you would like to use any of my photos for your tourism needs, please contact me. The photo below has been widely used by the Alpine Club of Canada in their marketing campaign to attract families to their Alpine Huts.
|The Alpine Club of Canada's Elizabeth Parker Hut, Lake O'Hara|