Are you a local family looking for other families to join on cool adventures?
Do you need help getting started on your journey towards becoming an outdoor family?
Contact me via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
I'd love to chat.
If you are interested in writing on my blog or have a great idea for a story, please let me know. I'm always looking for guest writers and topics of interest to the family outdoor community.
Please let me know if you would like me to guest blog on your website or if you have a topic you would like me to write for your publication.
Past websites and publications I've written for or been featured in:
- Calgary's Child Magazine - Regular Contributor with published pieces in each issue
- Outpost Magazine - Published story in the September/October 2012 issue on Hostelling with Kids
- Women's Adventure Magazine - Regular Contributor on the website's blog
- Family Fun Calgary - Contributor on Family events in the Calgary area
- Experience the Mountain Parks - Guest Blog Post
- The Adventures in Parenthood Project - Interview and Partner in the Project
- Explore Magazine - Interview
- Babble Kids - Interview
- Tales of a Mountain Mama - Guest Blog Post
- Adventure Tykes - Guest Blog Post and Interview
- The Kid Project - Guest Blog Post
- Bring the Kids - Guest Blog Post
- A Little Campy - Guest Interview
- Active Kid's Club - Guest Blog Post
- Snowshoe Magazine - Contributor starting January, 2013
- Pale Spruce - Guest Interview
- The Alpine Club of Canada's Gazette, Spring 2013 edition - Published story on backcountry huts with children
- Keen Canadian Outdoor Adventures website - Story contributor from March 2013
- The Brave Ski Mom - Guest Interview
- Tourism Canmore Kananaskis - Guest Story in summer 2013
- Highline Magazine - Guest Story in August, 2013
If you work in the local tourism market, I would love to chat with you about partnering with you to help promote your business, operation, or family friendly accommodations.
Past businesses I have promoted on my blog and through my freelance writing:
- Hostelling International
- The Alpine Club of Canada
- Nipika Mountain Resort
- Holiday on Horseback's Sundance Lodge
- Explore Rockies
- White Mountain Adventures
- The Delta Lodge at Kananaskis
- Mount Engadine Lodge
- The Rundlestone Lodge, Banff
- Trekaroo Canada
- Tourism Canmore Kananaskis
- Tourism Jasper
- Jasper Tramway
- Banff and Lake Louise Tourism
- Hidden Ridge Resort and the Banff Lodging Company
- Nakiska Mountain Resort
|HI Kananaskis, Hosteling International|
Gear and Book Reviews
If you are a company interested in us doing a gear review, please contact me and we can discuss details.
I am one of Keen Canada's newest Ambassadors for 2013 which is very exciting!
|Keen Canada Ambassador|
Other recent reviews and giveaways I've done on this blog:
- Piggyback Rider kid carrier - Gear Review
- Wenger by Eco Bottle - Water Bottle Review
- The Down and Dirty Guide to Camping with Kids Book Review
- Keen - A Review, A Giveaway, and a Fabulous Pair of Shoes
- Babes in the Woods - Book Review and Giveaway
- Hikes with Tykes: Games and Activities Book Review
- A Beginner's Guide to Snowshoeing in the Canadian Rockies Book Review
- Specialized Bicycle Components - Bike Helmet Giveaway
- Alberta Balance Bikes - Strider Balance Bike Giveaway
- Up, a Mother and Daughter's Peakbagging Adventure Book Review
- Spawn Cycles - Bike Review
- Pedalheads Bike Camps - Review
- ENO Hammocks - Review and Giveaway
- Bike Pirate Guide Book to Mountain Biking in Kananaskis - Book Review
- Changing Gears - Book Review
- Molehill Mountain Equipment and Mountain Baby - Down Jacket Review
- Stonz Wear - Winter Bootz Review
- Stonz Wear - Rubber Bootz Review
- Stonz Wear - Mittz Review
- Columbia Sportswear - Omni-Heat Reflective Clothing Review
|The Piggyback Rider|
We live in a fabulous setting that provides for stunning photography. If you would like to use any of our photos for your tourism needs, please contact me. One of my photos is currently being used by the Alpine Club of Canada in their marketing campaign to attract families to their Alpine Huts.
|The Alpine Club of Canada's Elizabeth Parker Hut, Lake O'Hara|
You will find the next photo in the Summer 2012 issue of the Experience the Mountain Parks Visitors' Guide.
|Lake O'Hara, Yoho National Park in Autumn|